Temporary Absence

​In accordance with the principles outlined in JSP 752, the Service Person has a responsibility to notify Unit HR admin staff of any changes in circumstances that may affect their entitlement to allowances, as soon as they occur. Failure to do so may result in the SP becoming liable for recovery of over-payments of expenses and/or allowances. In particular, such changes will include notification of any move away from an assignment station. The recording of temporary absence is also necessary so that Parent Unit HR has up-to-date emergency contact details at all times.

When and who does this apply to?​

All SP must notify their Parent Unit HR of temporary absence and separated service for duty periods of over 24 hours away from their assigned duty station/unit.

​BDSUS Booking Out Process

SP are to complete and send the Temporary Absence and Separated Service Recording Form to their respective parent unit HR staff prior to departure. A copy of the form is below:

Click he​re for the temporary absence form and for BDSUS administered personnel send to BDSUS-SG-Pers-Team-Mailbox@mod.gov.uk.

This process is not to be used for leave of absence; leave must be entered via JPA self service or JPA form 001.

Last Updated: Sep 29, 2022 @ 11:32 am

Scroll to Top