Disturbance Expense

The aim of Disturbance Expense (DE) is to contribute towards the necessary additional expenses that may arise when the Services require their personnel to make a qualifying move to or from a RWA on permanent assignment.

Method of Claim: Claims for DE may be submitted 45 days prior to the expected move date. SP are to claim using the JPA on-line self-service system. For those SP with no access to the JPA on-line system, JPA Form F018 is to be submitted to Unit HR. The Unit HR admin staff will then check the claim prior to its authorisation by the unit Allowances Checker and input to the JPA system via an Element Entry.

Method of Payment: The appropriate rate of DE and Child Element may be paid in advance of, but not more than 30 days prior to, a qualifying move. DE payments will be made via the Service person’s salary. The rate of DE payable will be the rate in force on the date of the qualifying move.

For further information on Disturbance Expense, including eligibility criteria, qualifying criteria, entitlement and rates, refer to JSP 752, Chapter 12, Section 1.

Contact: BDSUS-SG-Pers-Team-Mailbox@mod.gov.uk

Last Updated: Sep 29, 2022 @ 10:39 am

Scroll to Top